Treginnis Holiday Cottage near St Davids, Pembrokeshire View COVID19
Welcome to Treginnis – our holiday cottage near St Davids makes the perfect coastal location for your seaside break. We’re situated at the most westerly point of the St Davids Peninsula. This is a designated dark skies area of peace and tranquillity.
Ty Mortimer is our holiday cottage near St Davids. It is located at Treginnis Uchaf, a National Trust Farm. Here, a more tranquil spot at the very western point of St Davids Peninsula. It’s home to the oldest volcanic rocks in the UK, stretching out dramatically into the Irish sea. From the peace and quiet of this idyllic spot, up to five guests can sleep listening to the sea. Wake up fresh and ready for walks on the only coastal National Park in Britain. Take a trip to nearby Porthllisky beach, or make your way 2 miles north to St Justinian where you can take a boat trip to Ramsey island. Drive the 2 miles to magnificent Whitesands bay or visit the world-famous Cathedral, nestled in a grassy hollow beneath the tiny city.
♥ Availability Ty Mortimer ♥ Book now
St Davids Coastal Holiday Cottage
St Davids Coastal Holiday Cottage
St Davids Coastal Holiday Cottage
Ty Mortimer holiday cottage
Our delightful farmhouse holiday cottage is situated just west of historic St Davids city and on the iconic westerly volcanic tip of Wales.
- IMPORTANT INFO
- PLACES TO VISIT
- VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS
- BOOKING CONDITIONS
- BOOK NOW
Come and stay at the Romantic Ty Mortimer holiday cottage at Treginnis Uchaf Farm. Situated just west of St Davids, this traditional farm cottage is located just a few minutes from the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and Porthllisky beach.
Location on what3words heaven.dishes.cries
This traditional self-catering cottage is on the National Trust organic working sheep farm of Treginnis Uchaf Farm. Retaining the character of a stone-built cottage Ty Mortimer also benefits from luxury modern comforts such as Wi-Fi and Freeview TV. Ty Mortimer is sumptuously decorated with an authentic country cottage feel.
The cottage has a fully equipped modern kitchen and dining area, allowing for meals around a large farmhouse table, and a useful utility room. There’s also a cosy sitting room downstairs with comfy sofas and beautiful Melin Tregwynt cushions.
Pembrokeshire Coastal Path
Check out St Davids Events here. Being so close to the coastal path means you can easily enjoy walking from Treginnis Uchaf Farm to the Treginnis peninsula. Look out over the dynamic Ramsey Sound and towards Ramsey Island. Watch porpoises, choughs, peregrines, otters, seals and a variety of sea birds. Such an unique spot, so take a picnic, binoculars and stroll the coastal path, enjoying the breathtaking scenery. For the more adventurous, why not try abseiling the cliffs or kayaking the coastal waters? Give coasteering company TYF a call to do this safely!
Finally, what could be better after a day’s walking the magnificent coastal path than coming back to your snug cottage at Treginnis Uchaf Farm to enjoy a barbecue, a glass of wine and view the magnificent sunsets.
- Ideal for couples, families with two or three children – sleeps up to 5
- WiFi – Yes. Please read booking terms and conditions about WiFi useage
- Parking – Off road parking
- 2 Bedrooms – 1 King Size bed in bedroom 1, 3 Single beds in bedroom 2. All on 1st floor
- Bathroom – Bath, Shower over Bath, Toilet. On 1st floor.
- Towels and Bed linen – Provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- Vintage Welsh quilts
- Comfortable sofas with Melin Tregwynt cushions
- Freeview flat screen television, DVD player
- Radio and cd player
- Solva Woollen Mill floor rug
- Central heating, also electric coal effect fire in sitting room
- Dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing facilities
- Travel Cot and Highchair available (please ask at time of booking, we do not provide any bedding for Cot)
- Cleaning materials provided
- Information leaflets
Arrive on Friday by 3.00pm. Depart on Friday by 10.00am.
Short break availability for October to April, when possible, from £210 for 2 nights. 3 nights £240 – SB.
Phone us now on 07791 903221 before you book to check availability.
Hover on Fridays to view the price per week
Ty Mortimer Holiday Cottage
- awesome sunsets
- sheep grazing in the fields
- porpoises in Ramsey Sound
- magnificent cliffs
- sandy beaches
- interesting pebble beaches
- a variety of birds including peregrine, buzzards, owls
- bats flying in the lane at night
- choughs flying the Pembrokeshire coastline near St Davids
- stars in the dark skies with no light pollution.
There is a huge variety of places to see and visit, here are a few that we enjoy.
- Bird watching in Pembrokeshire – visit the Pembs Bird blog
- Whale and porpoise watching, variety of boat trips with Voyages of Discovery or with Falcon Boats
- Boat Trips and landing on Ramsey Island, Thousand Islands Boat trips are the guys for you
- TYF Adventure Sports/Activities offer coasteering and other outdoor pursuits
- Another coasteering giant in this area is Celtic Quest Coasteering
- For one of the most spectacular mills in Wales and a great cafe to boot, then you must visit Melin Tregwynt
- If you are looking for a quality floor rug visit Solva Woollen Mill
- If you have kids, this should be on your list of things to do in St Davids Bug Farm
- For coastal buses around St Davids check out this link: Coastal buses
- Restaurants in and near St Davids – The Cambrian Inn, The Shed, Cross Hotel St Davids, The Bishops
- Taxis – Morgan’s Taxis, Frank’s Cabs
- When it’s raining and you’re looking for things to do with the kids, then this should entertain – Folly Farm
- Oakwood Theme Park- Oakwood
- Music Festivals – St Davids Cathedral, Fishguard Music Festival
- Nine hole golf course – St Davids City Golf Club, Priskilly Forest Golf Club
Booking conditions for Treginnis Cottages, St Davids Pembrokeshire Book Now
Please read the following booking conditions for Treginnis Cottages, St Davids Pembrokeshire
Booking conditions for Treginnis Cottages
- Refer to COVID19 link for further details
- In order to minimise the risk of exposure to Covid19, we have sanitised and thoroughly cleaned Ty Mortimer using extensive new cleaning process. We have paid special attention to the high contact areas such as light switches, kitchen ware, door handles and much more
- As a further supplementary safeguard we have removed non-essential items that are difficult to clean to standards needed in the current situation – DVDs, books, decorative furnishings
- Please note you must not travel to Ty Mortimer cottage if you or anyone in your household have any coronavirus symptoms including a temperature, new persistent cough or sudden loss of taste or smell.
- Once a booking for the holiday cottage has been confirmed by Treginnis Cottages, a contract is made, and the guest/s is responsible for the full cost of the holiday. If the guest/s must cancel the holiday over 12 weeks before the start date, Treginnis Cottages will endeavour to rebook the accommodation and if successful in doing so before the 12 weeks margin the guest/s liability to pay the balance will cease.
- If the guest/s cancels within 12 weeks of the holiday start date and payment has been made in full, there will be no refund, any money paid should be claimed back from the guest’s holiday insurance. In all cases of cancellation, the deposit is forfeited.
- Treginnis Cottages reserves the right to refuse entry to, or repossess the cottage at any time, if it is considered that the occupiers are unsuitable for any reason.
- All accommodation must be left in the very clean and tidy condition as the guest/s found it. Guest/s are responsible for the accommodation and its equipment whilst in occupation. Where necessary guests will be held liable for repair/replacement costs.
- Treginnis Cottages do not accept liability for any loss or damage to personal effects, baggage, motor cars etc. Cars are parked on the premises at the owners’ risk. Use of any facility is done so at guest/s own risk.
- If for any reason Treginnis Cottages must cancel the holiday arrangement, a refund of all monies received will be made and any further liabilities for either party will cease.
Mini breaks are available certain times of the year.
- The cottage is primarily let to family/attached parties up to the number of persons stated. Those arriving with ‘extras’ risk refusal.
- The holiday period starts from 7.00pm on the booked day of arrival and ask for the accommodation to be vacated by 9.00am on the morning of departure.
- Electricity is to be paid at the end of the holiday as per usage.
- Bed linen, excluding bedding for cots, is included in the hire charge. The beds, with continental quilts, are made up prior to arrival. A hand and bath towel per person are included for cottage use only.
- Deposit: £50 per week is payable on booking, with the balance due 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. If booking and the holiday is less than 8 weeks away, full amount is required.
- It is recommended, should the guest be required to self-isolate, that this is carried out at the guest’s home residence, in case the need arises for a more prolonged period of isolation.
- If the guest cannot return home, the guest will be expected to pay all costs.
- Prior to departure by 9.00am –
- Place all personal rubbish e.g. tissues and face wipes into a plastic bag and then into a rubbish bag before putting into the dustbin.
- Beds to be stripped, place all bed linen and towels into bags provided, prior to departure.
- Load and start the dishwasher.
- Wash hands and open windows on leaving.