Location and Links-
Beaches near our holiday cottages St Davids, Pembrokeshire-
Location and Links – Very close location of Porthllisky beach – right on our doorstep, safe for bathing, investigate rock pools to see some undersea life.
Sandy Whitesands beach, superb 1 mile long, flying the European Blue Flag, ideal for bathing surfing, caneoing.
Caerfai beach is near St Davids – on the way back buy some of Caerfai Organic Cheese.
Abereiddy beach with its magnificent walk to visit the Blue Lagoon and onto Traethllyfn beach.
Newgale beach also suitable for bathing surfing, canoeing.
Pembrokeshire Coastal Path location –
Around Pembrokeshire you can see spectacular landscape of rugged cliffs, sandy beaches, wooded estuaries and wild inland hills, and a place of sanctuary for wildlife. The path can be joined at many different points which allows varying walking distances. Click on Pembrokeshire National Park for further information.
Here are some useful links in the area–
- Bird watching in Pembrokeshire – Pembs Bird blog
- Whale and porpoise watching, variety of boat trips – Voyages of Discovery
- Boat Trips and landing on Ramsey Island – Thousand Islands boat trips
- TYF Centre for outdoor adventures around the coast- TYF Adventure Sports/Activities
- Cetic Quest Coasteering Adventure Sports/Activities – Celtic Quest Coasteering
- Melin Tregwynt – Melin Tregwynt
- Bug Farm near St Davids – Bug Farm
- Coastal buses around St Davids – Coastal buses
- Restaurants in and near St Davids – Cwtch, The Cambrian Inn, The Shed, Cross Hotel St Davids, The Bishops
- Taxis – Morgan’s Taxis, Frank’s Cabs
- Folly Farm – Folly Farm
- Oakwood Theme Park- Oakwood
- Music Festivals – St Davids Cathedral, Fishguard Music Festival
- Nine hole golf course – St Davids City Golf Club, Priskilly Forest Golf Club