Y Nyth Holiday Cottage in St Davids
NEW extension for April 2019 – dining area with patio doors leading into the garden, kitchen, new utility area with the addition of a toilet and washbasin. More room for relaxing with your loved one in our spacious holiday cottage in St Davids.
Y Nyth, our spacious holiday cottage in St Davids, allows easy access to Britain’s smallest city, its surrounding countryside and stunning coastal areas.
This comfortable and tastefully decorated holiday cottage in St Davids is set over one level, allowing for space and a light, airy ambience. “Y Nyth” (translated as “The Nest”) is set in a quiet location within easy walking distance of restaurants, shops, art galleries and the coastal buses. This perfectly located holiday cottage in St Davids has all the modern comforts, including beautiful Melin Tregwynt linens, a fully furnished kitchen and access to WiFi.
The coast is calling – the gorgeous stretch of sand at Whitesands Bay, the local beach, is only 1 mile away. It’s a perfect spot for swimming and watersports – why not give surfing a try? Closer to your holiday home in St Davids is the magnificent St Davids Cathedral and the ruins of nearby Bishops Palace. Visit these majestic buildings to see why this mini metropolis was afforded city status.
After an exhilarating day exploring St Davids and the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path come back to your quiet haven in the centre of the city and enjoy relaxing in the garden. Watch the local coastal wildlife while relaxing with a glass of wine and planning tomorrow’s exciting itinerary. Or take a stroll down the road and have dinner in many of the lovely local eateries.
Treginnis Cottages allow you the added benefit of free parking at Treginnis Uchaf. This is the site of our second holiday home, Ty Mortimer, and is only 2 miles away to the West. This coastal location allows access to the stunning Porthllisky Beach and along an ancient, rugged area of the Pembrokeshire coastal path. From here you get a unique view of the famous Ramsey Island across the sound. Go rock climbing along the oldest volcanic rock formations in Britain, or pack a picnic and watch the sun set…and maybe catch a glimpse of some playful porpoise!
- Ideal for couples, families with two or three children, walkers, sleeps up to 5
- Friday changeover day
- Low season £340, high season £1015 per week
- Free WiFi
- Off road parking
- Bedrooms – 1 King Size bed, 2 Single beds in bedroom 1 and a single bed in Room 2
- Sitting room
- Dining area with patio doors
- Bathroom – Bath, Shower over Bath, Toilet. Separate Shower.
- WC – Wc and Wash handbasin
- Secluded garden
- Towels and Bed linen – Provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- Comfortable sofas with Melin Tregwynt cushions
- Freeview Television, dvd player
- Radio and cd player
- Gas Central heating with gas fire in lounge
- Dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing facilities
- Travel Cot and Highchair available (please ask at time of booking, we do not provide any bedding for Cot)
- Cleaning materials provided
Check out our availability below for Y Nyth Holiday Cottage in St Davids
Arrive on Friday by 3.00pm. Depart on Friday by 10.00am.
Short break availability for October to April, when possible, from £210 for 2 nights, 3 nights £240 – SB.
Phone us now on 07791 903221 or 01437 720234 before you book, to check availability.
Hover on Fridays to view the price per week
Y Nyth Holiday Cottage, St Davids
St Davids and its surrounding area, is a fantastic place to wander with your camera capturing
- walking the coast path
- awesome sunsets
- listen to the ringing of the Cathedral bells
- sheep grazing in the fields
- porpoises in Ramsey Sound
- magnificent cliffs
- sandy beaches
- interesting pebble beaches
- birds spotting – peregrine, buzzards, owls
- bats flying in the lanes at night
- choughs flying on Treginnis headland near St Davids
- cloud formations
- in the evenings, one can view stars in the dark skies with no light pollution.
- Bird watching in Pembrokeshire – visit the Pembs Bird blog
- Whale and porpoise watching, variety of boat trips with Voyages of Discovery or Falcon Boats
- Boat Trips and landing on Ramsey Island, Thousand Islands Boat trips are the guys for you
- TYF Adventure Sports/Activities offer coasteering and other outdoor pursuits
- Another coasteering giant in this area is Celtic Quest Coasteering
- For one of the most spectacular mills in Wales and a great cafe to boot, then you must visit Melin Tregwynt
- If you have kids, this should be on your list of things to do in St Davids Bug Farm
- For coastal buses around St Davids check out this link: Coastal buses
- Restaurants in and near St Davids – Cwtch, The Cambrian Inn, The Shed, Cross Hotel St Davids, The Bishops
- Taxis – Morgan’s Taxis, Frank’s Cabs
- When it’s raining and you’re looking for things to do with the kids, then this should entertain – Folly Farm
- Oakwood Theme Park- Oakwood
- Music Festivals – St Davids Cathedral, Fishguard Music Festival
- Nine hole golf course – St Davids City Golf Club, Priskilly Forest Golf Club
Booking conditions for Treginnis Holiday Cottages, St Davids Pembrokeshire Book Now
Please read the following booking conditions for Treginnis Cottages, St Davids Pembrokeshire
- Booking conditions for Treginnis Cottages
- Once a booking for the holiday cottage has been confirmed by Treginnis Cottages, a contract is made, and the guest/s is responsible for the full cost of the holiday. If the guest/s must cancel the holiday over 12 weeks before the start date, Treginnis Cottages will endeavour to rebook the accommodation and if successful in doing so before the 12 weeks margin the guest/s liability to pay the balance will cease.
- If the guest/s cancels within 12 weeks of the holiday start date and payment has been made in full, there will be no refund, any money paid should be claimed back from the guest’s holiday insurance. In all cases of cancellation, the deposit is forfeited.
- Treginnis Cottages reserves the right to refuse entry to, or repossess the cottage at any time, if it is considered that the occupiers are unsuitable for any reason.
- All accommodation must be left in the very clean and tidy condition as the guest/s found it. Guest/s are responsible for the accommodation and its equipment whilst in occupation. Where necessary guests will be held liable for repair/replacement costs.
- Treginnis Cottages do not accept liability for any loss or damage to personal effects, baggage, motor cars etc. Cars are parked on the premises at the owners’ risk. Use of any facility is done so at guest/s own risk.
- If for any reason Treginnis Cottages must cancel the holiday arrangement, a refund of all monies received will be made and any further liabilities for either party will cease.
Mini breaks are available certain times of the year.
- The cottage is primarily let to family/attached parties up to the number of persons stated. Those arriving with ‘extras’ risk refusal.
- The holiday period starts from 3.00pm on the booked day of arrival and ask for the accommodation to be vacated by 10.00am on the morning of departure.
- Electricity and/or gas is to be paid at the end of the holiday as per usage.
- Bed linen, excluding bedding for cots, is included in the hire charge. The beds, with continental quilts, are made up prior to arrival. A hand and bath towel per person are included for cottage use only.
- Deposit: £50 per week is payable on booking, with the balance due 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. If booking and the holiday is less than 8 weeks away, full amount is required.