Things to do in St Davids-
Beaches, cairns and the great Welsh outdoors – a wealth of things to do in St Davids near our beautiful holiday cottage.
Porthllisky beach is right on our doorstep when you stay at Ty Mortimer, and is safe for bathing, climbing and investigating rock pools with the kids to see some undersea life.
Sandy Whitesands beach is a superb mile-long stretch which flies the European Blue Flag. If you’re looking for things to do in St Davids, this spot is ideal for bathing, surfing, canoeing and most type of water sports.
Caerfai beach is near St Davids and offers some of the most superb sunsets on the peninsula. For something a bit different, why not buy some of Caerfai’s famous Organic Cheese?
Abereiddy beach is a little treasure and should be top of your list of things to do in St Davids. With its magnificent walk to visit the Blue Lagoon, the sunken mine which echoes the slate industry that was prevalent here, you can also go on to the spectacularly secluded Traethllyfn beach.
Not to forget the magnificent Newgale beach on your approach from Haverfordwest to St Davids. This pebbly paradise is popular with surfers and kite surfers – if you’re not into boarding, it’s worth just taking in the views!
Things to do in St Davids: Pembrokeshire Coastal Path
Around Pembrokeshire you can see spectacular landscape of rugged cliffs, sandy beaches, wooded estuaries and wild inland hills, a place of sanctuary for wildlife. The path can be joined at many different points which allows varying walking distances. From our cottages, you can join the path at Porth Henllys, a short walk from your holiday accommodation. Visit Pembrokeshire National Park for further information.
Here are some useful links in the area–
- Bird watching in Pembrokeshire – visit the Pembs Bird blog
- Whale and porpoise watching, variety of boat trips with Voyages of Discovery or Falcon Boats
- Boat Trips and landing on Ramsey Island, Thousand Islands Boat trips are the guys for you
- TYF Adventure Sports/Activities offer coasteering and other outdoor pursuits
- Another coasteering giant in this area is Celtic Quest Coasteering
- For one of the most spectacular mills in Wales and a great cafe to boot, then you must visit Melin Tregwynt
- If you have kids, this should be on your list of things to do in St Davids Bug Farm
- For coastal buses around St Davids check out this link: Coastal buses
- Restaurants in and near St Davids – The Cambrian Inn, The Shed, Cross Hotel St Davids, The Bishops
- Taxis – Morgan’s Taxis, Frank’s Cabs
- When it’s raining and you’re looking for things to do with the kids, then this should entertain – Folly Farm
- Oakwood Theme Park- Oakwood
- Music Festivals – St Davids Cathedral, Fishguard Music Festival
- Nine hole golf course – St Davids City Golf Club, Priskilly Forest Golf Club